Advantages of 4 Conductors Vs. 2 Conductors Speaker Wire
Deliver the optimal amount of wattage to your home audio components begins by deciding the correct speaker wire conductor size. 4-conductor speaker wire is applied differently than 2-conductor speaker wire.
- 4-conductor wire is used for biamping and biwiring speakers, with 4 accepting wires, one for positive and negative like regular wires, and the two others are for the highs and lows, or certain ranges of frequencies, which is using two amplifiers for a single speaker. 4-conductor speaker wire has a higher threshold for power compared to 2-conductor speaker wire, which means less cross talk.
- 4-conductor speaker wire works when connecting a pair of speakers with one pair of connection if need be. It is also useful when running power from a receiver to a volume control. When doubled up, 4-conductor speaker wire has a higher effective gauge, which increases power delivery.
Ultra High Performance Clear, Rich and Detailed Sound
Audiophile Quality Speaker Cable
Pure Copper and Oxygen Free
OFC vs CCA
Sequential Markings and Convenient Storage
Choosing The Right Speaker Wire
American Wire Gauge (AWG) refers to the thickness of the wire in the cable. The lower the gauge number, the thicker the wire. In order to choose the correct gauge speaker cable, the speaker impendence rating will need to be considered. Speaker impendence refers to the resistance a speaker offers to the current supplied by an amplifier.
Impendence (like resistance) is measured in ohms, and choosing a wire that an amplifier or receiver can handle is important.
An important consideration is that the wire gauge is suitable for the impedance of speakers and the wire length. Please follow the chart provided as a guideline to assist in finding the best gauge for your system’s performance.
- 14AWG copper conductors
- High strand count: 105 strands
- Indoor in-wall rated
- CL2 rated PVC inner and outer PVC jacket
- Color-coded to distinguish polarity
- PREMIUM OXYGEN FREE COPPER (OFC) 4-CONDUCTOR WIRE - Use this Pro Series OFC Speaker Wire Cable that's build with high strand count, 4 conductors with color-coded PVC for easy polarity identification for your bi-wiring or bi-amping projects.
- UL CL2 RATED FOR CUSTOM INSTALLATIONS - You can make sure you get the highest safety standard when you use this GearIT Pro Series UL CL2 rated speaker wire for In-wall installation or to pair with banana plugs, spade tips, or bent pin connectors to connect your speakers to your A/V receiver or amplifier with this GearIT Pro Series speaker wire.
- ADVANTAGE OF OFC (OXYGEN FREE COPPER) - With OFC wire you will have increased conductivity to carry more current to your amplifier. Also help reduced the strain on the vehicles electrical system which OFC oxygen free copper is highly recommended when you are installing speaker wire in the car. Much higher corrosion resistance and improved heat absorptions over CCA speaker wire.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIAL AND TIER 1 MANUFACTURE PROCESS - The cable is made of OFC Oxygen Free Copper, ensuring high fidelity sound quality and providing maximum's conductivity and durability without paying the additional cost. The product go through many states of testing to ensure the highest performance and reliability of the products.
- PRO SERIES LIFETIME GURANTEED - We stands for the highest quality product and customer satisfaction. If you are not happy with the product in anyway we offer an easy return policy. All product come with our top rated lifetime warranty service.
100 Feet, 250 Feet